In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Iris Inn has instituted immediate precautionary measures to keep our guests and staff safe. We are following the CDC’s guidelines regarding COVID-19 and are continuing to comply with all necessary and recommended sanitary practices across our property.
The dining room in our lobby will remain closed for breakfast and social gatherings for the foreseeable future. All of our guests that stay two or more nights will be welcomed to their room, cottage, or cabin with a bottle of Virginia wine and a cheese and cracker welcome tray. We look forward to being able to host our social hour again, but until that time we want to bring it to you.
Our innkeepers are available from 8am-8pm every day and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We want you to know we are in this together!
We know that travel in today’s environment requires a collaborative social effort. As we look forward to hosting you in our Main Inn again, we are carefully considering all that we can do to keep you safe and healthy during your mountain retreat. And we want to ask you to be our partners in this endeavor. Will you help us ensure your Iris Inn experience is the best it can be?
While you visit with us, we ask that you follow our social distancing guidelines which include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining 6 feet between yourself and staff or other guests
- Wearing a face mask at all times in our public community areas
- Washing your hands on a regular basis
These are just a few of the things we are doing at our Inn to ensure the safety of our guests and staff:
- We will be warm and welcoming, as always, but we will be doing it from behind a mask, or through a text. We will also be rolling out our new SuitePad guest tablet experience in July as another means of communicating with you during your stay.
- Guests, vendors, and our team are required to wear a mask in public community areas at the Inn.
- Our team’s health will be screened daily. If anyone is showing signs of being sick, they will be sent home.
- Additional sanitizing products will be available to our guests in all public areas.
- Housekeeping will be doing extra cleaning and sanitizing using industry-leading products to disinfect. However, they will not be entering your room during your stay unless you have specifically requested it during a time you are not in the room.
- In order to ensure enough time to sanitize guest rooms between stays, check-in will begin at 4pm and check out will be at 11am. We will not be able to offer late check-outs or early check-ins as we strive to maintain a safe and clean environment for our guests.
We’ve adjusted our breakfast service to include delivery to your room, cottage, or cabin to adhere to the Social Distancing guidelines and stay as contactless as possible.
We love all of our guests and look forward to welcoming you back to the Main Inn! We are open and our guest rooms are brand new following all the amazing renovations we have had done!
The Iris Inn Team