Big Wins for Governor’s Cup Gold Medalists
- Barboursville Vineyards 2017 Vermentino Reserve
- Early Mountain Vineyards 2016 Eluvium
- Glen Manor Vineyards 2015 Cabernet Franc
- King Family Vineyards 2016 Mountain Plains
- King Family Vineyards 2016 Meritage
- Paradise Springs Winery 2015 Meritage
- Virginia Wine Works 2016 Hamlet Vineyards Eltham
- Virginia Wine Works 2016 Michael Shaps Petit Manseng
- Virginia Wine Works 2016 Michael Shaps Raisin d’Etre White
- Virginia Wine Works 2015 Michael Shaps Tannat
- Virginia Wine Works 2014 Upper Shirley Zacharia
Get the full list of winners here.
The Governor’s Case represented all parts of the state this year, including, Southern, Eastern, Northern, and Central Virginia.
Such a broad geographical diversity highlights the state’s winemakers’ ability to navigate Virginia’s varied landscape, as well as its conditions. It also speaks to their ability to listen to the needs of their land, using that knowledge to produce some of the finest wine in the world!
That’s clear from the variety of wines in this year’s Governor’s Case:
- 3 Petit Mansengs
- 1 Tannat
- 1 Cabernet Franc
- 1 Vermentino
- 6 red blends
Taste Virginia’s Best Wines While Visiting the Iris Inn
Virginia’s wine industry is one of the fastest growing agricultural sectors in the state. With over 280 wineries and 300 vineyards that cultivate over 3,800 acres of grapes, there are plenty of reasons to raise a glass!
When you visit the Iris Inn, you can do just that. With 8 of the gold medalists within an hour of the Inn, it’s an excellent way to spend the day.
Take a look at the list of top winning vineyards near us:
- Afton Mountain Vineyards
- Barboursville Vineyards
- Trump Winery
- Veritas Vineyards & Winery
- Early Mountain Vineyards
- Rockbridge Vineyards
- Horton Vineyards
- Keswick Vineyards