The season of spring seems to go hand-in-hand with arts and crafts festivals, doesn’t it? Maybe there’s something about the emerging warmth that sparks creativity, or maybe it’s humanity’s reflection of nature’s originality. Whatever the case may be, we love local festivals, so we’re definitely looking forward to the 37th Annual Crozet Spring Arts and Crafts Festival on May 13-14, 2017, just down the road in Crozet, Virginia.
– The event will feature over 100 fine art and craft exhibitors and will take place at Claudius Crozet Park.
– There will be Virginia wine and beer tastings, so make sure you have your ID on hand!
– You’ll have your own festival soundtrack as live music plays throughout the event
– Admission for adults is $7, and parking is FREE
– The festival is a Certified Green event, striving to “minimalize its environmental impact.”
– The event is non-profit, with proceeds going towards Claudius Crozet Park.
– Crozet, VA is only 20 minutes from Charlottesville and only 20 minutes from the Iris Inn, so it’s the perfect distance for a day-trip! After a night at the Inn and a hearty breakfast to fuel your day, head to the festival and then on into Charlottesville for an evening of downtown shopping and eating.
– The festival also happens to be taking place on Mother’s Day Weekend, so it’s the perfect chance to treat your mom to a Virginia getaway or to pick up a beautifully unique piece of artwork as a gift.
We look forward to seeing you for your arts and craft festival vacation! Click here to book your Iris Inn room, cottage, or cabin!