As the weather warms up, our eating preferences may become a bit lighter than the heavy soups and hot meals we enjoy during the winter season. Some days, there’s nothing quite as refreshing as a crisp, crunchy salad for lunch or as the first course of your dinner.
Here at the Iris Inn
, we also enjoy a good salad, and if you’d like to have a taste of one of our favorite salad recipes, then keep reading.
Cook time: 20 minutes
- romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- Swiss cheese, shredded
- vegetable oil
- Dijon mustard
- onion, grated
- poppy seeds
- salt to taste
- Toss romaine, cheese, and cashews in large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by blending together oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture. Toss to coat. Add croutons.
- Optional: Add a can of mandarin oranges or chopped pear.
Eat and enjoy! We look forward to seeing you on your next getaway at the Iris Inn
. Don’t forget to book your room now, and visit our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with the latest Inn happenings.