- The race was named for Waynesboro’s namesake, General “Mad” Anthony Wayne, who led the Marquis de Lafayette’s forces against the British in 1781.
- You have the option of running solo or on a team of three to eight participants.
- Prizes will be given out at the end for Overall Male, Overall Female, Overall Male Group, Overall Female Group, Overall Mixed Group, Best Costume – Single, Best Costume – Tandem, and Best Costume – Group (3+).
- There will be a series of “Battles” for you to face during the run, each of which reflects one of Mad Anthony’s historic fights.
Battle of Monmouth: Tire Pit Battle of Green Spring: Balance Beam Battle of Brandywine: Scale the Wall Battle of Stony Point: Hay Bale Climb Battle of Fallen Timbers: Log Challenge Battle of Trois Rivieres: Swamp Terrain/Tunnel Battle of Paoli: Mystery Obstacle Battle of Germantown: Tunnel Crawl
- All participants who finish the race will receive a custom-made Mad Anthony Mud Run Medal.
- There just might be some local brews to enjoy (along with a few other surprises).