Get ready, all of you libation lovers out there, because it’s time for a fun, local winery tour, featuring the Winter Wonderland Winery Passport. This $25 Passport includes wine tasting at five different locations in and around picturesque Charlottesville, VA, where you can sip, swirl, and delight in the notes and flavors of top quality Virginia vino:
- Keswick Vineyards: This family-owned winery specializes in a minimalistic approach to winemaking, resulting in smaller batches of higher quality wines. They’re approach is definitely working, as they’ve won numerous awards like Platinum Award at the San Diego International Wine Competition and the Best White Wine in America (2002 Viognier Reserve) at the Atlanta International Wine Summit. Pretty impressive, right?
- Glass House Winery: What is it that makes Glass House Winery so unique? Besides their fantastic wines, Glass House also offers homemade gourmet chocolates, as well as a stunning tropical conservatory for your enjoyment. Want to taste a fusion of Glass House’s products? Don’t miss their one-of-a-kind chocolate wine. I don’t know about you, but my mouth is watering.
- Jefferson Vineyards: These wines embody Thomas Jefferson’s “original vision of winemaking in Virginia.” Each wine is crafted with Virginia grapes and made without the use of concentrates or additives, so you know you’re getting pure quality. Check out more of Jefferson’s history with winemaking here.
- Trump Winery: This scenic winery is owned by Donald Trump (yes, that Donald Trump) and is Virginia’s largest vineyard with around 200 acres of French vinifera. “Just minutes from downtown Charlottesville and historic sites Monticello and Ash Lawn-Highland, Trump Winery is producing sparkling, white and red wines that compete with the best wines from around the world.”
- Grace Estates Winery: “An old world family heritage blends a new world wine tradition with Virginia terroir.” Grace Estates’ winegrower, Jake Busching, uses his extensive knowledge and experience plus a holistic approach to farming and winemaking. The results? Chardonnay with hints of vanilla and caramel, Cabernet Franc with notes of cracked pepper, tobacco, and cherry, Le Gras Cuve with tones of orange and honey, and more.
Want to order your Winter Wonderland Winery Passport? Give Keswick Vineyard a call at (434)244-3341. Click here to check availability at The Iris Inn Bed & Breakfast.